Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Doga at The Oregon Humane Society Doggie Dash

She's a big girl, but I lift with my legs. And check out those adorable armpit wrinkles (on her, not me.)
Gus takes his turn at Super Dog Stretch.
I would not let Gus borrow my sunglasses, so he had to squint into the crowd.
"Hello Portland! Are you ready to rock!"
Pictures by the very talented photog. Julie Melfi. Check out her website: http://www.juliemelfiphotography.com/
I returned from Portland Oregon on Saturday evening after a full day of Doggie Dash. The Doggie Dash supports The Oregon Humane Society so I was happy to be involved.
The pictures above are from my Barking Buddha Doga Demo. Working with dogs has taught me to go with the flow, so when I realized I had to maneuver the poses while holding a microphone, I just approached it with no stress or trepidation. How has your dogi taught you to go with the flow?
Honey and Gus seem to accept most situations I put them into, and they make the best of it. Like the one pictured above...they weren't nervous at all about being in front of a crowd, they were super excited to roll in the green grass that made up the stage. They only paused in their grass enjoyment briefly to let me demonstrate the poses.
We can learn a lot from the way our dogs go with the flow and make the best of a situation, either by presenting us with a new perspective or the way they're just fully present with the joy of the moment. Let's all challenge ourselves to go with the flow of life and enjoy it the way our dogs do... instead of struggling with a microphone in front of a large group of people, a simple roll in the grass will do just fine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home