Friday, December 5, 2008

Barking Buddha Dog of the Week....Honey!


Yes, I'm using my own dog as the dog of the week. But she deserves it!
Here is Honey's bio:
Honey is 1/2 Shar Pei and 1/2 Boxer. I always say she's a little wrinkly and a lot sweet.
Honey came to us as a 4 year old adult. Her foster mom chose us. I was toying with the idea of getting a dog . Honey's foster mom raised her from a pup. She is a very intuitive woman and pretty much told me that we were to be Honey's new family and that we were very lucky because many people had wanted Honey but she had to be with the right people. That was 7 years ago and I can't imagine life without my beautiful princess Honey.


As you can see Honey is jowly and a bit wrinkly, which would look bad on me, but looks fantastic on her.


Honey has been a huge inspiration to Doga, my writing, my life. She's been a comfort during times of change, fear, sadness, like when my dad died of cancer a few years back on Christmas Eve. But also a participant in times of joy, laughter and success, like when we bought our cool 1930's brick house and when I found a publisher for my book. Honey is special as all dogs are, but also in her own unique way...as all dogs are.
So Cheers to Honey! My big girl, my muse, my heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home