Thursday, June 28, 2007

Just "Be"











I started on a new chapter in my book this week and was inspired to bring new poses into my practice to include Honey and Gus. One I'm calling Barking Crow. The other I think I'll call Dog Riding Camel or maybe it should be Camel rides the Dog, I'll have to get back to you on that one : ) . I've been trying to decide which poses to include in the DVD. I will most likely do beginning postures for this one and later do another DVD with more advanced poses.

Currently my dogs are indulging in their latest warm weather hobby, "barking-at-innocent- people-walking-down-the-hill-to-the-beach." I've been working on "no bark." Barking at bad guys at the front door, good. Barking at mom pushing baby in stroller in front of the house, bad.
Anyway, I began my new classes this past week and I'm excited to begin a series of classes or seminars based on the chapters of my book. Not sure when that will come to fruition. Lot's going on.
Sometimes I need to take a lesson from my dogs on relaxing and being in the present, just allowing things to unfold. This is one of the many ways they help me out everyday. I hang out with them and absorb the way they are able to just "be." It's a wonderful thing.

Here's some pics from my latest class. Gus partnered w/ my friend Heather for this class.
She'd had a bad week and needed some dog love, so I invited her to class. Also note my brand spankin' new tattoo!

1 Comments:

At June 28, 2007 at 7:36 PM , Blogger daftkato said...

Your dogs are soooo cute! They are very lucky to get all the attention! Dog yoga looks like fun.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home