Friday, June 8, 2007

Dog Lessons




It's been a very busy week. A lot of teaching and learning, because I always learn when I teach. I also learn so much from my dogs everyday. Dogs are amazing creatures. The role they play in their short lives as gentle healers for their owners is special and unique. Each dog takes on a role in their lifetime to assist us in learning to open our hearts. I feel that even dogs that have a life or times of abuse, have sacrificed their well being in order for us to learn. Maybe it's through getting a rescue dog and teaching them how to love and trust again, learning these lessons ourselves as we work with them. It could be a news story that opens us up to deep feelings of compassion. Maybe the rescue worker at the shelter is learning something about patience, perseverance, hope and unconditional love from the dogs they take care of.


We also learn about fun and relaxation from our dogs. We learn about play, letting go, awareness, fully being present in the moment to enjoy that treat or lying in the sunshine. My relationship with my dogs brings me pure joy, I thank them everyday for being in my life.
Picture time! These pictures were taken for an NPR interview. The one on the left was used in a fitness magazine in Denmark.

1 Comments:

At June 24, 2007 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Baby Gus!!! Pure perfection.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home